Thursday, November 15, 2007

Reading

I will have to say that read alouds have worked well in my class. Students have taken well to them. I am working on picking out better books for the read alouds. If you have any ideas, I will take them. Another assignment I did last year, was I required my students to read a book and then present the book in a PowerPoint. This was also very successful for me. If students finished and assignment early, they could read silently. Students really enjoyed sharing their books with the class. I also enjoyed the presentations. It is a really good idea to try. I have also tried another project that my students are currently working on. My students are creating digital books using PowerPoint and Microsoft Movie Maker.

1 comment:

arahman said...

I love the idea have having students read a novel on an individual basis, and then having them teach, or preview it, to the class. I think that this is something my students would be interested in doing--especially since they would be able to choose their own literature. I think that I will get my students started on their own novels to share right after Thanksgiving Break! Thanks for a great idea!