Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Useless Information

I ventured into Books a Million last night to find some "fun" books for my classes and purchased a great one titled The Book of Useless Information: Thousands of things you didn't think you needed to know...and probably don't.

I placed the first tidbit on the board today without any type of journal prompt to see what type of response I would receive. Overall, students found it interesting that Ben Franklin wanted the turkey to be our national bird...especially those students that like to hunt the beloved turkey!

I plan on adding journal prompts to some of these facts to entice students to think on paper. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

curlyq said...

I love this posting! I think that most of the textbooks are full of WASTED text. I also want to know who really reads all these books printed and sold. It seems that you can write a book on ANYTHING and sell it.