Friday, February 15, 2008

Badminton Vocabulary

In PE, I gave a test on the Badminton equipment vocabulary with just a study sheet. I gave the test to the students yesterday and many failed the test. My plan next week is to re-teach the vocabulary for the equipment using the vocabulary words, racket, birdie, and badminton court diagrams with placing the words on the correct parts of the equipment. This will help with visual and the actual parts of each equipment while learning the words. I am hoping this literacy strategy will help the students pass the test.

3 comments:

Wayland Hiott said...

Maybe you should put little eyes and a beak on a birdie, so they can distinguish it from a racket. The fact that it flies through the air is apparently not enough of a clue.

Coach Gooding said...

I gave the same test and I thought a good way to get them to remeber the parts are to have them identify the parts everyday when they get the equipment at the beginning of clas.

Skennerly said...

I think it helps to learn buy association like you are doing here.