Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Vocabulary Matching

To review the chemistry vocabulary for Biology 1 Part 1, I used the vocabulary matching activity Dee showed us. It worked really well! I had 3 stacks of "cards" (really I just printed, copied, and cut them on paper) and had the students match up the word, the definition, and a picture of an example of that word. They seemed to have a lot of fun doing and and most really took their time and really wanted to get it right. Even my 4th block class, which is not the most enthusiastic of the bunch, enjoyed this activity. I am planning on doing it again as a reinforcement for cell structures this week.

4 comments:

hahenglishteach said...

The finished model of Herb's vocab activity is awesome! Go Herb!

broebuck said...

I have just started a unit on Triangles in Geometry. I plan to try the vocabulary match on the lesson on classifying triangles. I could have cards containing the type of triangle, a definition of each type of triangle, and a picture of each type of triangle. I hope this works as well for me and my students as it did for Herb.

MJeffcoat said...

Isn't it nice when something translate easily into science? I used this actvity for the students for the students to define vocabulary. They seem to enjoy and learn.

Angela Levan said...

I am going to use this at the beginning of the semester for my IT terms. I am hoping that it proves to aid the students in better understanding of the terms. Hopefully if they can put a picture to a word the term will stick in their heads...