Thursday, March 13, 2008

Four Perfect Pebbles Comments

I thought reading the book in class was great and very worthwhile, but I was in the middle of reading books of my own to my classes and had to stop doing that for a week, which was a not-so-good thing. If we are going to do this in the future, it would be good to know well in advance (if possible) about it so we can schedule other reading stuff accordingly. I think having all your teachers read the same book to you is a very good thing. It may be weird for some students, but hearing the different ways adults read gives students a sense of what good aloud-reading is and what it is not, what to emulate and what to avoid.

2 comments:

Yelena said...

Yes, I had the same problem in my class. I think it would have been good to do the reading during Channel One time or right after it. When I was warking in another school district, this is what we did for silent reading for 15 minutes every day. Kids had to bring their book at school and read it silently during this time. Teachers had to read too!!! We all enjoyed it a lot!!!

Mrs. Wills said...

Hi. This post is from Wade Cooke. I am using Lisa's username/password because I was having password problems.

My students also enjoyed the read. It was a good use of read-aloud class time. I hope we will try this again next year.