Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wanted Mathematician Poster

I recently had my Algebra I Part I students complete a project on famous mathematicians. Each student received a mathematician to research. The information that they found had to be put on an 8 1/2 X 11 "Wanted" poster. The students had to include the mathematicians name, birth/death date, birth country, the country they worked in, and 5 to 8 sentences describing what contributions they made to mathematics. Many of my students enjoyed this activity. I think many of them enjoyed it because it got us out of the classroom and into the computer lab. It also answered many of their questions like: "Who in the world came up with this stuff?"

1 comment:

curlyq said...

I like this idea. I do believe I will be "stealing" it for the future. Thanks!