Sunday, March 16, 2008

Graphic Organizer for Mean, Medium, and Mode

Our last small group meeting inspired me to use one of the methods introduced by one of our teachers. It was a graphic organizer used to clarify the difference between mean, medium and mode. In Biology I Part II, I am in the middle of teaching population genetics. We are discussing stabilizing, directional, and disruptive selection. This will be a good activity to help student remember the difference between these terms as they study the different graphs of natural selection.

1 comment:

Kim T said...

I found this organizer in the book given to us by our facilitator. It's called "Alike but Different" and its on the strategy page called Word Study. It really helped my concept students keep the terms mean, median, and mode straight. They did much better on the test than students have in previous years so I'll definitely use this tactic again.