Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Want Books....Lots of Books!

Now it is time to order books for my classes and I need some help. Does anyone know of any great books that would go well with my Health Science classes? I am really looking for "quick reads," "read alouds" or anything that will capture my students' minds. Some topics might include: health careers, diseases, anatomy, physiology, diversity, or anything that future doctors, nurses, lab techs, vets, etc., might need to read. If you have any great ideas, please let me know ASAP...my list is due this week! HELP! :P

2 comments:

Dee Culbreth said...

My students favorite read-aloud is from the book Stiff by Mary Roach. It is about what happens to body's donated to science. There are portions dedicated to the debate about when a person is technially dead, using cadavers to practice surgery, etc. After I do this one, I always have three or four students wanting to borrow it to read.

Libby said...

Don't forget, Sharie, to come down and check out the cart of books with topics about health, plagues, forensics, etc. You can get some titles or some authors to get your research started!