Monday, January 28, 2008

Reflections

Whew! My first semester of teaching has ended and now I have "prior experience" under my belt. I tried my first book club with a Holocaust unit and will be tweaking it to only incorporate one book in order to facilitate more whole class discussions.

I am looking forward to continuing many of the strategies that I used last semester with my new students. Having a bit more familiarity with the routines of block schedules and the course curriculum, I am anticipating incorporating additional strategies that I have obtained from Burke and others. I will continue to keep y'all updated!

3 comments:

Dee Culbreth said...

I just wanted to say what a great job you have been doing this semester. It seems that you have been teaching for years not just one semester. Keep up the great work!

egreen said...

Just wanted you to know that I agree with Dee and I feel like I could learn a lot from you. Don't let the students that we share get you down. You do what you can and you move on. It really hurts when you realize that you can't save or even reach them all. Just do the best you can with the students you're dealt.

vic said...

Ditto again! You have such wonderful fresh ideas, and I want to try some of them in my classes. You are also very helpful and supportive as a colleague. You are the kind of teacher our field needs to be recruiting! Thanks for all you do!