Thursday, January 31, 2008

Spanish Read Aloud Idea

Tonya,

Try reading aloud some really simple children's picture books by having students translate them into Spanish as you read. I think this would be great at helping improve vocabulary. This might also pull in some of those terms that you may not normally cover in class. As the students get better at this, you can use harder books. I really like this idea because it has a picture that will help students associate the Spanish with the terms that they are learning.

You could also use this as an assignment. You could have students work in pairs and translate a book. Then you could have them read their Spanish version to the class while showing the pictures from the book.

Just a few ideas.

1 comment:

kmorgan said...

Tonya, your ideas have really helped me in my classroom. I teach Spanish I and III and this has really enriched my classes. Thanks for the great ideas! Have you ever read "Esperanza Rising" to your classes? My classes have really enjoyed this book.